California 4-H Horse Classic
Dates: June 21, 2017 - June 25, 2017
Time: All Day
Contact: Jessica Bautista, email@example.com,530-750-1341
Sponsor: UC 4-H Youth Development Program
Location: Murieta Equestrian Center
The California 4-H Horse Classic offers 4-H members the chance to showcase the culmination of their efforts put forth in their equine projects throughout the year. In 2017, the Classic will again be an event dedicated to over 2,885 4-H horse project members statewide.
The 4-H Horse Classic provides participants with an opportunity to:
- Establish lifelong friendships with fellow 4-H members and leaders throughout the state.
- Network with other counties and share personal experiences that have been meaningful to each person’s growth and development.
- Share their passion for horses and expand their equine knowledge.
- Experience personal growth.
- Further develop their leadership and citizenship skills.
- Promote good sportsmanship.
- Compete at a level that is beyond that of the local, county, regional or district level.
- Help raise funds to support the California delegation at the Western National Roundup.
State Championship Horse Show
4-H riders have this opportunity to compete at a level beyond local, county or regional events. Participants must pre-qualify at qualifying horse shows.
Educational contests allow members to showcase their equine knowledge. Contest offered include: Hippology, Horse Judging, Horse Bowl, and Public Speaking.
Qualifier for the Western National Roundup
The top senior individuals in the public speaking contests, and the top four individuals in Horse Judging, Hippology and Horse Bowl will have the opportunity to represent California at the Western National Roundup in Denver, Colorado on January, 2018.
For more details about Horse Classic, please see the events page at http://4h.ucanr.edu/4-H_Events/Horse_Classic/