Ronald N. Vargas
20251 Avenue 17½
Madera, CA 93637
Location: Madera and Merced Counties
Program Area: "Agronomic crops (cotton alfalfa, small grains) & weed control"
Unit: "Cooperative Extension, Central Valley Region"
Significant Other: Joan Vargas
Interests: "Golf, Skiing, Hinting, fishing, horseback riding"
SpecialtyField crops, cotton production, weed control
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- Interplanting grasses into alfalfa controls weeds in older stands
- Fight weeds and increase forage: Using oats as a companion crop in establishing alfalfa
- IPM: CALEW Cotton: an integrated expert system for cotton production and management
- Dodder control in alfalfa
- Yellow and green foxtail control in alfalfa
- Long-term study reaffirms yield increases of narrow-row cotton