Irrigation and Water Resources AdvisorCooperative Extension Tehama County
1754 Walnut Street
Red Bluff, CA 96080
M.S. Plant and Soil Science, Irrigation, Colorado State University. 1986
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Plant Commodities and Products
- Pasture - Irrigated
- Tomatoes - Processing
- Plants and Their Systems
- Plant Product Quality and Utility (Preharvest)
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Pollution Prevention and Mitigation
- Stewart, William, Allan Fulton, et al. (2011). "A fiveyear study of Regulated Deficit Irrigation (RDI) in almond: Reducing consumption on low water holding soil." California Agriculture 65(2): 90-95.
- Davy, J.S., T.S. Becchetti, et al. (2011). Establishing and Managing Irrigated Pasture for Horses. ANR. Publication Number 8XXX
- Fulton, Allan, L. Schwankl, et al. (2010). "Using EM 38 and VERIS Technology to Assess Land Suitability for Orchard and Vineyard Development." Journal of Irrigation Science
- Buchner, R.P. (2011). A New Season-When to Begin Irrigating and How Much Water To Apply? Sacramento Valley Regional Prune Newsletter. UC Cooperative Extension.
- California Round Table on Water and Food Supply (2011). Agricultural Water Stewardship: Recommendations to Optimize Outcomes for Specialty Crop Growers and the Public in California. Ag Innovations Network.
- Connell, J.H. (2011). How Effective Have 2010/11 Rainfall Levels Been So Far? and 2010 Fall Groundwater Levels in Tehama County. Water & Land Resource Manager Newsletter. Tehama County, UC Cooperative Extension.
- Fulton, Allan (2011). Interview: Rainfalls Positive Effect Could Be Undone By Cold Snap. Red Bluff Daily News.
- (2011). "Irrigation management helps orchard flourish." Capital Press
- (2011). Precision Irrigating Saves Money, Boosts Walnut Yields. Ag Alert.: 12-13.
- Fulton, Allan (2011). Soil and Water Management Tailgate Field Day Series. Tehama County, UC Cooperative Extension.
- Connell, J.H. (2011). Understanding and applying information from a soil test â?? Micronutrients. Sacramento Valley Regional Almond Newsletter. UC Cooperative Extension.
- Connell, J.H. (2011). Understanding and applying information from a soil test â?? Salinity. Sacramento Valley Regional Almond Newsletter. UC Cooperative Extension.
- Connell, J.H. (2010). Understanding and applying information from a soil test â?? Secondary Nutrients. Sacramento Valley Regional Almond Newsletter. UC Cooperative Extension.
- Fulton, Allan (2010). Walnut Irrigation and Nutrient Management Short Course. Tehama County, UC Cooperative Extension.
- Fulton, Allan, R.L. Snyder, et al. (2009). An Advisory Service for Optimum Irrigation Scheduling in California. Report for NIWR Funding from March 1, 2009 through February 2011.
- Almond Production Manual
- Establishing and Managing Irrigated Pasture for Horses
- Irrigated Pasture Production in the Central Valley of...
- Protecting Surface Water from Sediment-Associated...
- Walnut Production Manual
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- Regulated deficit irrigation reduces water use of almonds without affecting yield
- Mitigation techniques reduce sediment in runoff from furrow-irrigated cropland
- Local diffusion networks act as pathways to sustainable agriculture in the Sacramento River Valley
- Cracks affect infiltration of furrow crop irrigation
- Late-season nitrogen may be efficient way to increase winter wheat protein
- Implementing CIMIS at the farm level: a grower's experience in walnuts
- Reducing drainwater: Furrow vs. subsurface drip irrigation
- Uniformity of low-energy precise-application (LEPA) irrigation machines
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Agronomy Continuing Conference - Member
- Biometrics and Computer Software - Member
- Small Grain - Member
- Water Quality - Member
- Water Resources Coordinating Conference - Member