Richard E Howitt Ph.D.
Chair & Professor, Agricultural EconomistAgricultural & Resource Economics
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
SpecialtyResource Economics, Environmental Economics, Quantitative Methods, Econometrics, Operations Research
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- Wine-grape production trends reflect evolving consumer demand over 30 years
- Model could aid emergency response planning for foot-and-mouth disease outbreaks
- Modeling shows that alternative soil management can decrease greenhouse gases
- Realistic payments could encourage farmers to adopt practices that sequester carbon
- Water will drive California response to climate change
- Is California's future hydraulically sustainable?
- How economic incentives for growers can benefit biological diversity
- Well set aside proposal: A scenario for ground water banking
- When water is scarce: Ground water is key to easing impact of drought
- Oak stand growth on California's hardwood rangelands
- The economic effects of salinity and drainage problems
- Effects of changes in the water year on irrigation in the San Joaquin Valley
- The economic effects of air pollution on annual crops
- Increasing farm water supply by conservation
- Is overdrafting groundwater always bad?
- The case for regional groundwater management
- Economic evaluation of mosquito control programs
- Can water pricing encourage conservation? Some principles and some problems