Diane L. Metz
501 Texas Street
Fairfield, CA 94533
CD/NFCS Advisor Diane Metz retired as an Emeritus Advisor on April 1, 2009. She served as an advisor in Solano County from 1970 to 2009 and in Yolo County from 2005 to 2009. Nutrition, food security, food safety, including safe home food preservation, resource management, human relationships and parenting will remain key elements in her emeritus program activities.
Location: Yolo and Solano Counties
Program Area: "Administration, Nutrition, Family and Consumer Sciences"
Unit: Central Valley Region
Significant Other: Vic Metz
Interests: "Cleaning, family, travel, going to the gym regularly"
SpecialtyAdministration, human nutrition general, childhood obesity and health promotion, food security, food safety and home Food Preservation, Human and Family Relationships and Consumer Science. Also, Community Development and Leader Development.
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Nutrition and Hunger in the Population
- Human Development and Family Well-Being
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- UCCE helps community coalitions reduce childhood overweight
- Food insecurity prominent among low-income California Latinos
- How can Californians be overweight and hungry?
- Food stamp recipients eat more vegetables after viewing nutrition videos