Husein Ajwa Ph.D.
1636 E. Alisal St.
Salinas, CA 93905
SpecialtySoil and Water Management. Methyl bromide alternatives. Cool-season vegetables.
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Plants and Their Systems
- Pathogens and Nematodes Affecting Plants
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Air Resource Protection and Management
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Agricultural, Natural Resource and Biological Engineering
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- Fumigant emission reductions with TIF warrant regulatory changes
- TIF film, substrates and nonfumigant soil disinfestation maintain fruit yields
- Totally impermeable film retains fumigants, allowing lower application rates in strawberry
- Methods evaluated to minimize emissions from preplant soil fumigation
- Methyl bromide alternatives evaluated for California strawberry nurseries