Lenya N. Quinn-Davidson
Area Fire AdvisorHumboldt County Office
5630 South Broadway
Eureka, CA, CA 95503
SpecialtyFire Ecology and Management
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Communication, Education, and Information Delivery
- Forest and Range Resources
- Management and Control of Forest and Range Fires
- Management and Sustainability of Forest Resources
- Conservation of Biological Diversity
- Natural Resources
- Sustainable Natural Ecosystems
- Valachovic, Y.; Quinn-Davidson, L.N.; Standiford, R. (2016). Can the California Forest Practice Rules Adapt to Address Conifer Encroachment? Proceedings of the Seventh California Oak Symposium: Managing Oak Woodlands in a Dynamic World.R. Standiford and K. Purcell. Albany, CA, USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Research Station.: 515-520.
- Eitzel, M.V.; Kelly, M.; Dronova, I.; Valachovic, Y.; Quinn-Davidson, L.N.; Solera, J.; de Valpine, P (2016). "Challenges and opportunities in synthesizing historical geospatial data using statistical models." Ecological Informatics 31: 100-111.
- Long, J.W.; Skinner, C.N.; Quinn-Davidson, L.N. (2014). Science Synthesis to Support Socioecological Resilience in the Sierra Nevada and Southern Cascade Range. Albany, CA, USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Research Station.
- Valachovic, Y.; Quinn-Davidson, L.N.; Goldsworthy, E.; Cannon, P. (2013). Novel approaches to SOD management in California wildlands: a case study of “eradication” and collaboration in Redwood Valley. Proceedings of the sudden oak death fifth science symposium.S. Frankel, J. Kliejunas, K. Palmieri and J. Alexander. Albany, CA, USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Research Station.: 99-107.
- Engber, Eamon; Varner, Morgan; Dugaw, Christopher; Hiers, J. Kevin. (2013). "Utility of an instantaneous moisture meter for duff moisture prediction in long-unburned longleaf pine ecosystems." Southern Journal of Applied Forestry 37(1): 13-17.
- Quinn-Davidson, Lenya; Varner, Morgan (2012). "Impediments to prescribed fire across agency, landscape, and manager: An example from northern California." International Journal of Wildland Fire 21(3): 210-218.
- Baker, J. Mark; Quinn-Davidson, Lenya (2011). Jobs and community in Humboldt County, CA. Human dimension of ecological restoration: integrating science, nature, and culture.D. Egan, E. Hjerpe and J. Abrams. Covelo, CA, Island Press.