7601 Irvine Blvd.
Irvine, CA 92618
949 301-9182 x1004
San Diego County
Los Angeles County
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Statewide Program
South Coast Research & Extension Center
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Vertebrates, Mollusks, and Other (Non Arthropod, Pathogen, Nematode, Weed) Pests
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Toxic Chemicals, Poisonous Plants, Naturally Occurring Toxins, and Other Hazards Affecting Animals
Quinn, N.; Baldwin, R.A., et al. (2016). "Ground squirrel best management practices." www.GroundSquirrelBMP.com
- Quinn, Niamh; Baldwin, Roger A (2015). "Managing Roof Rats and Deer Mice in Nut and Fruit." ANR Publication 8513
- Baldwin, Roger A; Chapman, A; Kofron, C; Meinerz, R; Orloff, S; Quinn, N (2015). "Refinement of a trapping method increases its utility for pocket gopher management." Crop Protection 77: 176-180.
- Baldwin, Roger A; Quinn, Niamh; Davis, David H; Engeman, Richard M (2014). "Effectiveness of rodenticides for managing invasive roof rats and native deer mice in orchards." Environmental Science and Pollution Research 21(9): 5795-5802.
- Quinn, Niamh; Baldwin, Roger A; Timm, Robert M (2012). "Deer Mouse." Integrated Pest Management for Home Gardeners and Landscape Professionals Publication 74161(Pest Notes. University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program)
- Quinn, N.; Fox, D.; Hartman, J (2016). An examination of citizen-provided coyote reports: temporal and spatial patterns and their implications for management of human-coyote conflicts. Proceedings of the 27th Vertebrate Pest Conference.R. Timm.
- Quinn, Niamh (2016). Coyotes in California's Urban Areas. Retail Nursery and Garden Center IPM News. 6:2.
- Dimson, M.; Baldwin, R.A.; Quinn, N (2016). User-friendly resource design: providing accessible ground squirrel extension for the web. Proceedings of the 27th Vertebrate Pest Conference.
- Baldwin, Roger A; Quinn, Niamh; Meinerz, Ryan (2015). Deer mice. Vertebrate Pest Control Handbook.R. Baldwin. California Department of Food and Agriculture, Sacramento, CA.: 149-156.
- Quinn, Niamh; Rios, Sonia (2015). "Pocket gopher and ground squirrel control: Management options for citrus and avocado groves." CAPCA Adviser 18(3): 48-50.
- Rios, Sonia; Quinn, N. (2015). Pocket gopher and ground squirrel control: Management options for citrus and avocado groves.". Tropics in Subtropics Newsletter. 13:4.
- Quinn, Niamh (2015). "Tree or Ground Squirrels: What's the difference?" Retail Nursery and Garden Center IPM News 5(3)
- Quinn, Niamh (2015). "Tree Squirrels: Identification and Management." UC IPM Green Bulletin 5(1)
- Quinn, Niamh (2014). "Controlling Rats and Mice." Retail Nursery and Garden Center IPM News 5(1)
- Quinn, N.; Davis, D. H.; Engeman, R.M.; Baldwin, R. (2014). Efficacy of rodenticides for roof rat and deer mouse control in orchards. Proceedings of the 26th Vertebrate Pest Conference, Hawaii, US.
- Quinn, N.; Htwe, N. M.; Rachmawati Johnson, D.; Singleton, G. (2014). Rodent Cycles and Outbreaks in Asia: biological curios and food security. Proceedings of the 26th Vertebrate Pest Conference, Hawaii, US.
- Baldwin, R. A; Quinn, N. (2012). The Applicability of Burrow Fumigants for Controlling Belding’s Ground Squirrels in Alfalfa. Proceedings of the 25th Vertebrate Pest Conference, Hawaii, US.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Wildlife - Member