Associate Director for Urban & Community IPM/ Area IPM AdvisorUC ANR: Integrated Pest Management
2801 Second Street
Davis, CA 95618-7774
Capital Corridor MCP Cooperative Extension
MS Integrated Pest Management, UC Davis. 2006
B.S. Biology, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. 1998
- IPM Innovator Award
Presented by California Department Pesticide Regulation, http://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/pestmgt/ipminov/awardmenu.htm, 2013
SpecialtyIntegrated Pest Management
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Plant Protection
- Insects, Mites, and Other Arthropods Affecting Plants
- Pathogens and Nematodes Affecting Plants
- Vertebrates, Mollusks, and Other (Non Arthropod, Pathogen, Nematode, Weed) Pests
- Biological Control of Pests Affecting Plants
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Beneficial Insects
- Pollution Prevention and Mitigation
- Pest Management/Diseases
- Endemic and Invasive Pests and Diseases
- Flint, M. L.; Windbiel-Rojas, K.; Sutherland, A. M. (In Press). Vegetable Pest Identification. University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources.: 51 pp.
- Windbiel-Rojas, K.; Schellman, A. (2017). Retailers Attend IPM Workshops on Invasive Pests and More. Retail Nursery and Garden Center IPM News. 7:1: 4 pp.
- Schellman, A; Windbiel-Rojas, K (2016). Retailers Receive IPM Training in 2016. Retail Nursery and Garden Center IPM News. 6:1: 4 pp.
- Windbiel-Rojas, Karey (2016). Zika, Mosquitoes, and Repellents. Retail Nursery and Garden Center IPM News. UC IPM. 6:2: 4 pp.
- Swain, S. V.; Windbiel-Rojas, K. (2015). Dealing with Pantry Pests. Retail Nursery and Garden Center IPM News. 5:2: 4 pp.
- Windbiel-Rojas, Karey (2014). Excluding Migratory Birds from Buildings. Retail Nursery and Garden Center IPM News. 4:3: 4 pp.
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- MAINTAINING LONG-TERM MANAGEMENT: Over 35 years, integrated pest management has reduced pest risks and pesticide use
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Ecological Restoration - Member
- Entomology - Member
- Landscape and Urban Horticulture - Member
- Pest Management in ANR - Member
- Urban Horticulture - Member
- Weed - Member
- Wildlife - Member