Dr Amber C. Vinchesi
PO Box 180, 100 Sunrise Boulevard
Colusa, CA 95932
SpecialtyEntomology, Integrated Pest Management, Pollinators, Insect-vectored diseases
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Vegetable Crops
- Plant Management Systems
- Insects, Mites, and Other Arthropods Affecting Plants
- Pathogens and Nematodes Affecting Plants
- Biological Control of Pests Affecting Plants
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Beneficial Insects
- Pest Management/Diseases
- Vinchesi, Amber; Goyer, Aymeric; Rondon, Silvia (2017). "Priming potato with thiamin to control Potato Virus Y." American Journal of Potato Research 94: 120-128.
- Vinchesi, A. C.; Walsh, D. B. (2014). "Quadrat Method for Assessing the Population Abundance of a Commercially Managed Native Soil-nesting Bee, Nomia melanderi (Hymenoptera: Halictidae) in Proximity to Alfalfa Seed Production in the Western USA." Journal of Economic Entomology 107(4): 1695-1699.
- Vinchesi, A.; Cobos, D.; Lavine, L.; Walsh, D. (2013). "Manipulation of soil temperatures to influence brood emergence in the alkali bee (Nomia melanderi)." Apidologie 44(3): 286-294.
Vinchesi, A., A. Goyer, and S. Rondon. (2015). Can thiamine treatment reduce Potato Virus Y on potatoes? In Proceedings of Pacific Northwest Insect Management Conference.
Vinchesi, A. and S. Rondon. (2014) Wireworms still here! July 3. Potato Update. Oregon State University-Hermiston Agriculture Research and Extension Center.
Vinchesi, A. and D. Walsh. (2013). Leafcutting bee flight monitoring. National Alfalfa and Forage Alliance (NAFA) Newsletter.
Walsh, D., A. Vinchesi, and N. Boyle. (2013). Pest control and pollinator protection studies on alfalfa produced for seed. Western Alfalfa Seed Growers Association Winter Seed School.
Vinchesi, A. and D. Walsh. (2011). Studies on alkali bees and pollinator pesticide safety in Washington State. In Proceedings of Western Alfalfa Seed Growers Association Winter Seed School.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Entomology - Member
- Integrated Management of Soilborne Pests - Member
- Plant Pathology - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member
- Weed - Member