Dr Emma M. Fete
2101 East Earhart Avenue, Suite 200
Stockton, CA 95206
Dr. Emma Fete joined UCCE on December 4, 2017 as an Area 4-H Youth Development Advisor.
Prior to joining UCCE, Emma taught and developed various courses including hybrid and online variants as an instructor in the School of Communication at The Ohio State University (2012-2017). As a part of an interdepartmental team, she evaluated the success and impacts of general education requirements of globally-focused courses for undergraduates. She also served on the Diversity Committee to help analyze and recommend departmental policies to better serve and represent diverse populations.
From 2010-2012, she worked as an Assistant Language Teacher for the Hiroshima Board of Education in Japan, where she taught English and encouraged intercultural education and community development through the JET Program. From 2007-2010, Emma worked for WOSU Public Media, working in radio programming, fundraising and development, marketing, and community activities. She also has experience in local and state government as well as child-focused local non-profits.
Emma is also a dedicated horsewoman with a minor equivalency in Equine Science from Otterbein University and over 20 years of experience riding and caring for horses. She was an enthusiastic 4-Her in her youth and continues to coach 4-H participants.
SpecialtyEducational Program Development, Intercultural/International Communication, Cultural Diplomacy, Globalization
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Horses, Ponies, and Mules
- Program and Project Design, and Statistics
- Communication, Education, and Information Delivery
- Sociological and Technological Change Affecting Individuals, Families, and Communities
- Youth Development
- Community Development
- Marketing and Distribution Practices
- Domestic Policy Analysis
- Foreign Policy and Programs
- Interact With the Media
- Research and Extension Centers
- 4-H Program
- Healthy Families and Communities
- L., Holt.; Hovick, S.; Fete, E.; Dailey, P. (2017). Taking a closer look at the factors that influence ethnic identity. Communication Studies. 68:2, 221-247.
Behrouzian, G.; Fete, E. (2016). Defying censorship: A framework for reactance and learning in the face of media controls. Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC) Annual Conference. Chaffee and McLeod Top Student Paper Award for Communication Theory and Methods Division.
- Fete, E. (2016). Measuring Cool Japan: The influence of cultural richness and selection of cultural information on cross-cultural attitudes and stereotypes. International Communication Association (ICA) Annual Conference.
- Fete, E.; Behrouzian, G. (2014). Exercising soft power: Cosmopolitanism, Western media, and anti-Americanism in Arab nations. Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC) Annual Conference.