Kent M Daane Ph.D.
9240 S. Riverbend Ave.
Parlier, CA 93648
KAC-(559) 646-6522 or UCB Lab-(510) 643-4019
Environmental Science, Policy and Management (ESPM)
Kearney Agricultural Research & Extension Center
Research Interests: I am interested in the development and implementation of IPM systems in crop and urban systems, establishment and evaluation of biological control programs, natural enemy biology, and insect/plant interactions (cultural controls) that may govern pest status and natural enemy performance.
University of California, Berkeley, Entomology, Ph.D.
University of California, Santa Barbara, Zoology, B.A.
SpecialtyBiological control and IPM of insect pests in perennial crops (almond, grape, stone fruit, olives, pistachios), annual crops (lettuce) and ornamentals (eucalyptus, ornamental).
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Plants and Their Systems
- Insects, Mites, and Other Arthropods Affecting Plants
- Biological Control of Pests Affecting Plants
- Beneficial Insects
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- Biological controls investigated to aid management of olive fruit fly in California
- High temperature affects olive fruit fly populations in California's Central Valley
- Liquid baits control Argentine ants sustainably in coastal vineyards
- Vineyard managers and researchers seek sustainable solutions for mealybugs, a changing pest complex
- Postharvest survival of navel orangeworm assessed in pistachios
- New controls investigated for vine mealybug
- Imported parasitic wasp helps control red gum lerp psyllid
- Sampling program for grape mealybugs improves pest management
- Native gray ant has beneficial role in peach orchards
- Can cover crops reduce leafhopper abundance in vineyards?
- Excess nitrogen raises nectarine susceptibility to disease and insects
- Leafhopper prefers vines with greater amounts of irrigation
- Effectiveness of leafhopper control varies with lacewing release methods
- Imported parasite may help control European asparagus aphid
- Biological control of black scale in olives
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Almond - Member
- Cling Peach - Member
- Entomology - Member
- Exotic Fruit Fly - Member
- Integrated Grape Production - Member
- Pest Management in ANR - Member
- Pistachio - Member