Michael De Lasaux
Natural Resources AdvisorPlumas Sierra
208 Fairground Road
Quincy, CA 95971
M.S. Forestry, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. 1987
SpecialtyForestry, Community Fuel Reduction and Watershed Management
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Human Nutrition, Food Safety, and Human Health and Well-Being
- Hazards To Human Health and Safety
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Watershed Protection and Management
- Management and Control of Forest and Range Fires
- Management and Sustainability of Forest Resources
- Aquatic and Terrestrial Wildlife
- Natural Resource and Environmental Economics
- Domestic Policy Analysis
- Chiono, L.; De Lasaux, M.; et al. (2014). "Fuel Treatment Longevity in the Northern Sierra Nevada and Southern Cascades, California." Canadian Journal of Forest Research
- Chiono, L.; De Lasaux, M.; Nader, G.; Stephens, S. (2012). "Development of Vegetation and Surface Fuels Following Fire Hazard Reduction Treatment." Forests 3(3): 700-722.
- Ferranto, L.; Getz, C.; Nakamura, G.; Stewart, W.; Drill, S.; Valachovic, Y.; De Lasaux, M.; Kelly, M. (2011). "Forest and rangeland owners value land for natural amenities and as financial investment." California Agriculture 65(4): 184-191.
- Quarles, S.; De Lasaux, M.; et al. (2010). Home Survival in Wildfire-Prone Areas: Building Materials and Design Considerations. University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources. Publication 8393, 22.
- De Lasaux, M.; et al. (2009). "Small Parcel Fuel Reduction with a Low-Investment High-Mobility Operation." Western Journal of Applied Forestry 24(4): 9.
- De Lasaux, M.; et al. (2009). "Using a Small-Log Mobile Sawmill System to Contain Fuel Reduction Treatment Cost on Small Parcels." Small-Scale Forestry 8(3): 13.
- Nader, G.; De Lasaux, M.; et al. (2007). Home Landscaping for Fire. University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources. 8.
- Nunamaker, C.; De Lasaux, M.; et al. (2007). Wildfire and Fuel Management. University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources. Publication 8245, 12.
- Jacobson, S.; De Lasaux, M. (2005). "Sierraville (California) Highway 89 stewardship team: ahead of the curve." eScholarship University of California
- Harris, D.; De Lasaux, M.; et al. (2000). "Process and Reality: Working with a Local Watershed Organization to Develop a Restoration Effectiveness Monitoring Program." Journal of Extension 38(2)
California Agriculture Article Contributions
ANR Workgroup Associations
- California Naturalist - Member
- Ecological Restoration - Member
- Environmental Education - Member
- Fire - Member
- Forest Ecosystems and Communities - Member
- Oak Woodland Conservation - Member
- Woody Biomass Utilization - Member