Western IPM Center Director
Date Posted: July 24, 2018
Closing Date: August 27, 2018
Job Description: Download
For full position description, how to apply procedures and materials required, please click the above 'Job Description' link. This is position number AP18-08.
For access to the required academic application form, please use this link: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/278846.pdf
The Western Integrated Pest Management Center (WIPMC) Director within the UC Statewide IPM Program will provide overall leadership of WIPMC, with responsibility for its successful management and operations, including supervision of all WIPMC staff, and will collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to identify regional IPM objectives and formulate strategies to address important IPM issues.
This position is headquartered in Davis, California (Yolo County)
Some Major Responsibilities:
- Provide programmatic leadership, administration, management and coordination for the Center
- Manage budget, financial, personnel, and programmatic operations of the Center
- Effectively administer USDA contracts (approximately $1.0 million annually), including local Center operational expenses and subcontracts to other institutions in the West
- Supervise 1-3 staff
- A minimum of a master's degree in an appropriate scientific discipline, and professional background in any of the following pest management fields: entomology, plant pathology, weed science, nematology, vertebrate pest management.
- Must possess an understanding of integrated pest management through academic training and/or professional experience,
- Experience leading or managing a program, obtaining and managing competitive grants, the ability to build new collaborative efforts among diverse stakeholder, staff supervision, and excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the diverse agriculture in the Western U.S.
- Experience with federal grant sources
Beginning salary will be in the Academic Coordinator III rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding the Academic Coordinator Series (I-III) salary scales, please refer to: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/285845.pdf