- Preserve good health by canning food properly (Oct. 2010)
- Survey reports food safety costs doubled for California leafy greens growers (Sept. 2009)
- Growers removing conservation practices to protect food safety on California’s Central Coast (April 2008)
- Food safety guide now available in traditional Chinese (Oct. 2007)
- University of California seeks answers to E. coli, advises growers on preventing contamination (March 2007)
- Safe food handling helps keep holiday guests healthy (Nov. 2006)
- Scientists to begin looking for the sources of E. coli in the Salinas Valley (Oct. 2006)
- Making sense of rules governing chlorine contact in postharvest handling of organic produce PDF (2006)
- Key points of control and management for microbial food safety: Edible landscape plants and home garden produce PDF (2003)
Articles from UC's California Agriculture journal
- Food safety and environmental quality impose conflicting demands on Central Coast growers (April-June 2008)
- California farmers adapt mandated marketing programs to the 21st century (October-December 2007)
- EDITORIAL: Lessons from the E. coli outbreak — understanding the complexity of foodborne disease (April-June 2007)
- Expanded research to target E. coli outbreaks (January-March 2007)
- Central Coast consumers want more food-related information, from safety to ethics (January-March 2006)
- EDITORIAL: UC expertise helps guide BSE response (October-December 2005)
- New BSE cases limit U.S. beef exports, change cattle testing (October-December 2005)
- U.S. beef industry faces new policies and testing for mad cow disease (October-December 2005)
- Diet, shopping and food-safety skills of food stamp clients improve with nutrition education (October-December 2004)
- Sidebar: IR-4 Project targets specialty crops (April-June 2004)
- Emerging pathogens on the rise: How can waterborne illness be prevented? (September-October 2000)
- Research and reason can minimize foodborne and waterborne illnesses (March-April 1997)
- The Lunch Box - How to pack a safe and healthy lunch for school children
- Scientific Status Summary on organic foods -- A review that discusses the differences between organic foods and conventional foods with respect to food safety and nutritional composition.
- Western Institute for Food Safety and Security
WIFSS is bringing together multi-institutional strengths to assure California food is safety and secure.
- FoodSafe Program
Food safety consumer advice, food industry resources, and information on food safety "hot topics."
- Center for Consumer Research
Research focusing on consumer attitudes toward food safety and quality. The center has Web sites with detailed information on biotechnology and food irradiation.
- Seafood Network Information Center
Comprehensive food safety and nutrition information about seafood.
- UC FoodSafety
Presentations, publications, and other websites with information related to the production, harvest, and processing of foods. The emphasis is on microbial food safety but many other subjects related to food such as biotechnology, food quality and food security are also addressed.