UC Human Resources in March 2012 launched a systemwide project to verify the eligibility of all family members of faculty, academics, staff and retirees for enrollment in UC health benefits (medical, dental and vision).
In late March 2012, all faculty, staff and retirees with enrolled family members received a packet at their home mail address from Secova, Inc. requesting documentation for those enrolled family members.
If you received a packet and have not yet returned the verification paperwork, Secova Inc. will be contacting you. With concurrence of the UC Chief Human Resource Officers, University of California has provided Secova Inc. with your work phone numbers and work email address solely for use in...
- Author: Michael L. Poe
On behalf of Vice President Barbara Allen-Diaz, we are passing along to you the announcement today by the Regents naming Aimee Dorr as the next University of California provost and executive vice president for Academic Affairs.
June 19, 2012
Aimée Dorr, veteran dean of UCLA’s Graduate School of Education & Information Studies, today (June 19) was named the next University of California provost and executive vice president for Academic Affairs.
As UC provost, she will serve as the system’s chief academic officer and lead efforts to ensure the academic excellence of UC’s 10 campuses during a time of unprecedented fiscal...
VP Allen-Diaz has appointed the following people to the ANR statewide conference planning committee:
- Co-chair Edie Allen, UCCE specialist and professor in the Department of Botany & Plant Sciences at UC Riverside, natural resources and plant ecology
- Co-chair Morgan Doran, UCCE director in Solano County and advisor in Solano, Napa and Yolo counties, livestock and natural resources
- Maggi Kelly, UCCE specialist in the Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management at UC Berkeley
- Peter King, UC public affairs director
- Valerie Mellano, UCCE acting director and advisor in San Diego...
ANR has formed a County Director Council in order to provide an efficient means to identify issues and gather information on matters of importance to Cooperative Extension prior to wider discussion and gathering of input. The council will provide county director perspective on:
- development of policies and procedures
- identification of training needs
- issues and topics to be addressed in monthly county director calls/meetings
- future ANR resource allocation processes
In addition, the council members will be responsible for communicating with their county director and advisor colleagues to gather information, vetting approaches to issues and assisting in distribution of...
Review is beginning for the 109 Cooperative Extension advisor and specialist positions submitted in response to ANR’s 2012 supplemental call for academic positions. Of those proposed, 52 are advisor positions and 57 are specialist positions. The positions remain posted on the publicly accessible site www.ucanr.edu/callforpositions. We encourage all ANR stakeholders as well as employees to offer comments and provide input. The system will remain open to collect comments on the positions until Aug. 7.
Program team leaders, county and multicounty partnership (MCP) directors and executive associate deans will evaluate the proposals and provide feedback and prioritization for...