VP Allen-Diaz has appointed the following people to the ANR statewide conference planning committee:
- Co-chair Edie Allen, UCCE specialist and professor in the Department of Botany & Plant Sciences at UC Riverside, natural resources and plant ecology
- Co-chair Morgan Doran, UCCE director in Solano County and advisor in Solano, Napa and Yolo counties, livestock and natural resources
- Maggi Kelly, UCCE specialist in the Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management at UC Berkeley
- Peter King, UC public affairs director
- Valerie Mellano, UCCE acting director and advisor in San Diego...
ANR has formed a County Director Council in order to provide an efficient means to identify issues and gather information on matters of importance to Cooperative Extension prior to wider discussion and gathering of input. The council will provide county director perspective on:
- development of policies and procedures
- identification of training needs
- issues and topics to be addressed in monthly county director calls/meetings
- future ANR resource allocation processes
In addition, the council members will be responsible for communicating with their county director and advisor colleagues to gather information, vetting approaches to issues and assisting in distribution of...
Review is beginning for the 109 Cooperative Extension advisor and specialist positions submitted in response to ANR’s 2012 supplemental call for academic positions. Of those proposed, 52 are advisor positions and 57 are specialist positions. The positions remain posted on the publicly accessible site www.ucanr.edu/callforpositions. We encourage all ANR stakeholders as well as employees to offer comments and provide input. The system will remain open to collect comments on the positions until Aug. 7.
Program team leaders, county and multicounty partnership (MCP) directors and executive associate deans will evaluate the proposals and provide feedback and prioritization for...
ANR academics working in natural resources and animal sciences will want to hold Oct. 9 and 10 for program team meetings at the International House at UC Berkeley.
To date, participating program teams include Forest & Rangeland Systems and Meat Production & Food Safety. To meet during this October meeting, chairs of workgroups affiliated with these program teams should complete a short survey to request space.
These meetings are important for developing relationships and discussing programs and positions in natural resources and animal sciences. The Sustainable Natural Ecosystems Strategic Initiative panel will be seeking input on articles...
Yesterday, President Mark Yudof asked UC supporters to communicate now with public officials to express their support for increased funding for this year and for a commitment to reliable, predictable funding levels for UC going forward.
If your clientele, cooperators and volunteers want information on how to express their support, they can go to http://bit.ly/Ldk5dN (UC’s advocacy website) for information and web tools. While there is nothing more effective than direct personal contact, especially at the local level, being part of the UC advocacy effort is another way for people to engage.
On Monday, May 14, Governor Brown will release his revised budget plan and now is the time...