Several program teams and workgroups will be meeting before the end of the year. See below.
Viticulture Program Team Meeting
Thursday, November 3
J. Lohr Wine Center in Paso Robles
Discussion topics include wine grape production manual, GiESCO meeting and tour in Argentina/Chile, November 4 seminar and potential future seminars in other areas.
Program Contact: Mark Battany
SNE and EIPD Joint SI Conference
ANR Learning & Development is sponsoring TWO “Crucial Conversations” trainings in spring 2017:
- Wednesday and Thursday, February 1-2, 2017, in Davis, at 2801 Second Street. On Wednesday, February 1, the training is from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Thursday, February 2, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday, April 26-27, 2017 at the South Coast REC in Irvine. On Wednesday, April 26, the training is from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Thursday, April 27, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- You may also select “I can participate in either session” when you pre-register.
Training is open to all UC...
Register for Nov. 16 SNE and EIPD Joint SI Conference
Registration is now open for the Joint Strategic Initiatives Conference for Sustainable and Natural Resources (SNE) and Endemic & Invasive Pests & Diseases (EIPD) on Nov. 16 at UC Davis Conference Center.
The conference will provide an opportunity for colleagues to learn about the projects, programs, and research efforts happening throughout the Division that are at the intersection of pest management and natural resources. Proposed presentations and discussions will include:
- Wildlife management
- Invasive plants in rangelands and forests
- Impacts of pests on fire vulnerability
Open Enrollment is coming soon — Thursday, Oct. 27, 8 a.m. to Tuesday, Nov. 22, 5 p.m. — with some significant changes and new options for you and your eligible family members.
“There's a lot of good news this year,” said Dwaine Duckett, UC vice president of human resources. “We've worked hard to manage costs, and offer the protection of disability insurance to more faculty and staff than ever before. I encourage everyone to take a careful look at their options this year, to make sure they're taking full advantage of their UC benefits.”
- Employees will see small increases, or even decreases, in their contributions toward medical premiums...
AggieTravel is replacing MyTravel, the UC Davis travel and entertainment expense reporting system. The go-live date for ANR is Wednesday, Oct. 26.
To prepare for using the new travel software, recordings of in-person training are available for ANR employees to view:
This recorded session, presented by AggieTravel staff, provides a system overview including how to process a travel or entertainment expense...