- Author: Damon DiPietro
Recently an email went out from firstname.lastname@example.org by Dave Krause about reviewing your staff list and keeping it current. If you are listed as a Director or Directory Editor, you would have received an email looking like this:
According to UC ANR records, you are listed as a Director or Directory Editor for the following ANR Unit <your unit>. As a Director or Directory Editor of this Unit, we would appreciate your assistance in reviewing directory entries related to this unit.
If you would like to make corrections yourself, please click here to access the ANR Portal’s directory editing tools. Alternately, you can send any changes to email@example.com, and we will make corrections for you.
Here is the current staff list for this unit:
If you believe you received this email in error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to change or remove your role for this Unit. Please include the unit name listed in this email
Thank you for your assistance.
Web Development Supervisor
ANR Communication Services and Information Technology
Updating your directory
It is very important to keep our directory current as there are many systems that use it. We realize that some Directors and Directory Editors may not know they have the ability and responsibility to make the directory roster and role changes to their unit. The purpose of this blog post is to provide a little training on how to make those changes and keep your unit's directory current.
The process is very simple.
1. In your portal, for the unit(s) that you have authority to update, click the "Edit Info" link. This takes you into the Staff List.
2. To delete an entry- Click the delete button next to the person to be deleted and click Ok on the following pup up window. This will remove them from your unit and close their ANR portal account. If they are members of another unit, i.e. cross county assignments, it will not delete their ANR portal account but will remove their connection to your unit.
3. To add a member to your unit- Click the "Add New Employee" on the green bar.
Enter their First and Last Name and Email address. It is advised to not use personal email addresses (email@example.com) but rather their @ucanr.edu or @ucdavis.edu address. If they're a new employee and haven't received their @ucdavis.edu or @ucanr.edu email address, it is better to wait until this is done before creating their ANR portal account.
If the person is already in the directory, when you enter their information you will see this window.
Click the "Add this user to the Unit" link to add them to your unit's roster. This will not remove them from any other units they are affiliated with (eg. cross county assignments) but will add them to yours.
4. To assign roles to members of your unit- Click "Unit Roles" in the bar above.
Choose a user from the first drop down menu bar and then choose a role from the second drop down menu bar. Then click the "Add Role" button. Now they will show up below in the Current Unit Roles table below. There can be multiple Directory Editor roles so if more than one person is involved with the unit's personnel they can all be given Directory Editor roles.
5. To remove a person from their Unit Role- Click the "Delete" button next to the name of the person to be removed from that role. Then click "Ok" on the pop up window that follows. Note- This will remove the person from the role but will not remove them from the unit or close their ANR portal. This would have to be done in the Staff List window (see #2 above).
We hope this brief tutorial was helpful and informative! If there is any confusion, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to resolve the issue.