- Author: Janet M. Zalom
The class was developed by a team of eminent plant scientists who believe that understanding the fundamentals of tree biology is essential to making sound orchard management and business decisions in the tree fruit and nut industry.
Participants benefit from their commitment and depth of knowledge. Here are a few comments, drawn from our November class evaluations:
- All courses and lecturers were excellent. The info was great, well-presented, useful
- I cannot begin to express how useful this course has been. Thank you so much.
- I just wanted to thank you all for a thoroughly enjoyable, informative and well run program.
- Field exercise: Pruning and early tree training: Was great, could do this all day.
- Root excavations: This was awesome! Really appreciated seeing the excavated roots.
- Field trip to Wolfskill Experimental Orchard: Loved the area + history.
Initially, the class was to be offered in the spring, but due to popular demand, two sessions were offered this year: a late February and a November session. Enrollment was brisk and there was a lengthy waiting list weeks before each session began -- Your next opportunity is February 2016. Class details…