- Author: Melissa G. Womack
Thanks to passionate UC Master Gardener volunteers, partners and friends, we raised $10,050 during #GivingTuesday!
The UC Master Gardener Program plays a critical role in extending research-based information to the public and simply put, we could not do it without people like you.
- Extend sustainable landscaping practices to more than 2.1 million people in California!
- Support more than 1,000 demonstration, community and school gardens around the state; creating beauty, outdoor classroom training opportunities, and increasing science literacy in schools, jails, hospitals, senior centers and more.
- Combat food insecurity in our local communities by giving people the skills and knowledge to grow their own healthy fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce pesticide use and inspired habitats for pollinators and other beneficial insects.
Social media was buzzing with activity on #GivingTuesday, with volunteers and program supporters sharing reasons why they love the program. "UNselfies" or unselfish selfies were posted in support of the incredible impacts the UC Master Gardener Program makes across California. Check out the fun slideshow of #UNSelfies that were shared across social media on #GivingTuesday!
With much gratitude,