- Author: Michelle Leinfelder-Miles
Happy New Year! Hopefully the holidays were a time to rest and revive. We now enter "meeting season". The new year brings several opportunities for continuing education, including UC Cooperative Extension grower meetings, the California Plant and Soil Conference, and the Rice Technical Working Group Conference. Please see below for more information. The agendas are attached at the bottom of this posting.
1. UC Cooperative Extension will host the SJC and Delta Field Crops Meeting on Friday, January 12, 2018 from 8:00am to 12:00pm. The meeting location is the Cabral Agricultural Center in Stockton (2101 E.Earhart Ave., Stockton, CA 95206). Lunch will be provided, so please RSVP by calling 209-953-6100 or emailing email@example.com. (If you email us, please indicate your first and last names, how many people you are RSVPing for, and whether any of those people are vegetarian.) Those who RSVP will receive a lunch ticket when they arrive at the meeting. Due to budgetary considerations, we cannot guarantee a lunch to those who do not RSVP. Continuing education credits for DPR (2) and CCA (3) certifications will be available.
2. UC Cooperative Extension will host five meetings for rice growers. The meeting details are as follows:
Woodland: Tuesday, Jan. 16, 1:30pm, Cracchiolos Banquet Hall, 1320 E. Main Street, Woodland
Richvale: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 8:30am, Evangelical Church, 5219 Church St., Richvale
Willows: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 1:30pm, Glenn County Office of Education, 311 South Villa Avenue, Willows
Colusa: Friday, Jan. 19, 8:30am, Colusa Casino Resort, 3770 Hwy 45, Colusa
Yuba City: Friday, Jan. 19, 1:30pm, Veterans Hall, 1425 Veterans Memorial Circle, Yuba City
Time: Doors open at 8:00am, and meetings start at 8:30am at Richvale and Colusa. Doors open at 1:00pm, and meetings start at 1:30 pm at Woodland, Willows, and Yuba City. DPR and CCA continuing education credits will be offered.
3. The California Chapter of the American Society of Agronomy will hold its annual Plant and Soil Conference on February 6-7 in Fresno, California. Program information and registration are available from the conference website. The keynote address will be given by Karen Ross, Secretary of the California Department of Food and Agriculture. DPR and CCA continuing education credits will be offered.
4. The University of California is pleased to welcome the 37th Rice Technical Working Group Conference to Long Beach California from February 19-22, 2018. Registration is now open. Session topics include rice culture, pest management, and plant breeding. Continuing education (DPR) will be available. Please see the conference website for more information.