- Author: Marianne Bird
Every two years, volunteers, youth and staff gather to learn, explore, and connect at the California 4-H Camping Conference. This year it will be held April 6-8 at Camp Redwood Glen in San Mateo County.
The gathering has become an anticipated high-point for those involved in the 4-H camp scene. If you're involved in camp, it's a weekend you won't want to miss!
An exciting line-up of workshops (22 in all!) offer something for everyone
Need fresh ideas for all-camp programming or time-fillers if dinner is late?
We've got that.
Want to know how to improve your program, or what difference you're making for the kids who come?
We've got that, too.
- Compliance Made Easy delivers resources and help to observe laws and policies pertaining to camp.
- Explore Inclusive Camps and LGBTQ Youth
- How to have your program accredited by the American Camp Association.
- Take a session on Mindfulness at Camp.
- Take one or more sessions in the Project Learning Tree track to add forestry and environmental education components to your program.
All these workshops, and others, too!
Best of all, connect with other camp enthusiasts
The conference offers a chance to connect with other youth and adults who share your passion for camp. There will be networking time to discuss issues and share ideas.
You'll leave energized and with new tools to make this year's camp the best ever.