- Posted By: Alex Zangeneh-Azam
- Written by: Alex Zangeneh Azam
Ladies and Gentlemen, the dawning of a new era is only a month away! That's right, we will be saying goodbye to the clunky, heavy, and sometimes downright unfriendly Site Builder 2 to make room for Site Builder 3!
Now is the time to make preparations (if you haven't already) to transfer your old sites over, or to delete sites that are not in use (please send me the deletion request directly). Transferring sites is a simple, easy process and is best done in a short period. Here are some simple guidelines that can make the process even easier:
Quick steps to transfer your site
- Locate "Site Builder 3" in your portal. If you've never used it, it should be located under the "Useful tools" section of your portal, usually in the bottom of the third column. Click and enter SB3.
- Select a Site Name - This is easy to change later, so don't worry if it's not the ideal name.
- Select a Site Folder Name - On this one be a bit more selective, as it will be the extension of your url, and unfortunately cannot be the very same folder name your SB2 site had. If you run into trouble, we can help, feel free to contact us.
- You are now ready to import your old site! Now that you're in the SB3 dashboard, locate the "Import Pages & Files" in the left navigation. Once in, select the site you would like to import from the dropdown (you must be an administrator or owner) and click on "show information". On the following page the site information will appear. Please not there is a check box inquiring if you'd like to build your site navigation based on the pages in your old site - I recommend you check it, it helps to build your navigation.
Phase one and two
This is it! Click "Import Site" and watch the magic begin! You have now completed phase one of your transfer.
Phase two will be to contact Alex Zangeneh Azam to have your url redirected. If you have a county site or unique url, we can have it physically replace your new site. During this phase your surveys, calendar items and any credit card information will transfer over.
We highly recommend that you try and make the conversion in as short of a time period as possible. We've seen sites created and imported in SB3 whilst the old site remained active and was updated - making the new site obsolete and out of date. We recommend you transfer your site, review it and make simple changes and then contact us and have the final transfer made all in the span of a few days at the most.
What will happen after July first?
Don't worry. You'll still be here. And your site will still be here - however the administration for your site will be closed, giving us a chance to contact administrators about their sites.
Keep in mind, the clock is ticking!