- Author: Chris M. Webb
On Wednesday, September 7 from 7:30 am – 12:30 pm, UC Cooperative Extension Farm Advisor Oleg Daugovish will hold the 10th Annual Strawberry Production Meeting in Ventura County.
The meeting will be presented in English with simultaneous interpretation into Spanish. There is no cost to attend.
Scheduled topics include:
- Southern California strawberry research update: varieties and production.
- Investigation of Macrophomina and Fusarium spp., including research update on biology and management, and results from 2010-2011 non-fumigated field trials.
- Fungicide evaluations in strawberry.
- Lewis mite, thrips and Lygus research update.
- Update of herbicide efficacy and safety for nutsedge control in strawberry.
- California Strawberry Commission update on regulatory research inssues in strawberry production.
Continuous education credits have been requested from DPR.