- Author: Michael L. Poe
It took a little doing but I finally found something definitive on the compatibility issues with Breeze v Mac v Breeze Presenter v Adobe Presenter v Windows Vista v Microsoft Office 2007 (win).
This is from the Adobe Connect Release Notes:
Windows Vista and Office 2007 Support
Prior to shipping Adobe® Acrobat® Connect Professional software, Adobe tested it on a prerelease version of Microsoft® Windows Vista™. We are now actively testing Acrobat Connect Professional on the shipping version of Windows Vista. In the second half of 2007, we expect to issue a free Service Pack that will provide client support for Windows Vista.
Breeze 5.x and earlier will not support Windows Vista.
Adobe Acrobat Connect Professional and Adobe Presenter shipped prior to Microsoft Office 2007. Therefore, we are currently actively testing Acrobat Connect Professional and Presenter with the shipping version of Office 2007 and Office 2007 files. In mid- to late-2007, we expect to issue a free Service Pack that will provide support for Office 2007.
Breeze 5.x and earlier will not support Office 2007 or Office 2007 files.
The conclusions from this and my experience are:
· Breeze has not worked with Windows Vista. That could change soon.
· Breeze Presenter does not work with PPT 2007.
· Breeze Presenter does not work with Macs.
· Breeze Presenter has been replaced by Adobe Presenter.
· Adobe Presenter does not currently support PPT 2007, but someday will.
· When campus upgrades to Adobe Connect, Adobe Presenter will or will eventually work with PPT 2007 and Windows Vista.
Currently, the combination that does work is Windows XP, PPT 2003, and Breeze Presenter.
Breeze Meeting seems to work for just about anybody as Participants, but when some Mac users try to share (aka present), they may have limitations as noted above.