- Author: Roger S Ingram
Lamb Carcass Fabrication Workshop
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Chico State University Farm Meats Lab
Cost: $20 - Includes lunch and Proceedings
WE STILL HAVE SPOTS AVAILABLE!
About The Lamb Carcass Fabrication Workshop:
The Lamb Carcass Fabrication Workshop is a unique and exciting program featuring hand‐on experience with a lamb carcass. You will be assigned to teams. Each team will get part of a lamb carcass for fabrication. In addition, the class will feature a workshop on working with USDA processors, distribution, and pricing.
After completing the Lamb Carcass Fabrication Workshop, course participants will be able to:
1. Understand desirable lamb carcass traits.
2. Understand the different retail cuts from a lamb carcass.
3. Gain experience with fabricating a lamb carcass.
4. Understand the retail cut yield from a lamb carcass.
5. Understand regulations on selling meat direct or wholesale.
6. Gain insight into working with a USDA processor, distribution, and pricing.
7. Gain information on carcass and fatty acid profiles of lamb and goat.
To register, here is a link:
For more information, call at 530-889-7385 or email at email@example.com.