- Author: Karl Krist
This message is the first piece of the ANR Internal Notification system.
The purpose of this system is to provide a single stream of important information for all ANR employees. This stream will be tailored to each individual based on who they are, and the jobs they perform.
This information gathered from ANR blogs. Some blogs have been labeled as 'important' - meaning they will be viewed by everyone. Later, blogs will be added automatically to your feed based on a match from the Taxonomy system or unit roles.
The blogs currently displayed to the entire Division are:
- ANR Report - News throughout ANR
- ANR Update - Important internal announcements
- CS&IT Updates - Important information from CS&IT (Including this message)
- Program Support Unit Updates - Information regarding Strategic Initiatives and events
- Hopland REC - This has been added for demonstration purposes, and because Bob Keifer does a great job on it.
The system is simple. We will list any blog post from an 'important' blog on your Portal. Click the story headline to open it in a new window, and remove it from your feed. It's an easy way to keep track of the important news within the Division.
Also- you can add your own favorite blogs to the feed. Click on the 'Preferences' option, then the 'Add Blog to My Feed.'
We will continue to refine the system based on user feedback, and internal need. A month after launch we will return to make needed changes.
Phase II will offer:
- Connections to Taxonomy and Unit Roles
- Option to have a roll-up of information sent via email
- Improvements that you suggest
First, make sure you have a blog. If you don't have one, we can help. Second, please contact me and I'll help you get information added.
Today is the launch day of this project. I am hoping that many of you have suggestions on how to make this better, we're all ears. Please comment on the bottom of this page with any ideas you have have. Any feedback you provide is greatly appreciated.