- Author: Chris M. Webb
Our youth deserve a future filled with promise and possibilities. A strong body and good health is the foundation on which a successful future can be built.
UC ANR’s new after-school curriculum is designed to help 9- to 12-year-olds develop good health skills that will last a lifetime. The six-week hands-on program promotes preparing and eating healthy meals as well as encouraging plenty of physical activity. Healthy eating and physical activity work together to help reduce obesity levels.
These free, downloadable lessons include:
- Let’s Make It Clean: Wash Up!
- Make It Healthy: Eat Balanced Meals
- Make It Crunchy: Go for Whole Grains!
- Make It Colorful: Choose Fruits and Veggies by Color
- Make it Delicious: Plan and Balance
- Make It Fun: Eat and Share