Tell us about it!
REPORT! a California aquatic invasive species
- Try Chrome browser if Safari works poorly.
- You agree to public sharing of your report.
- We will not ask for personal information.
- Experts will review reports.
- Verified reports will appear on the MAP below.
- Verification may take several days.
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife will be notified about the reports.
- Our reporting system is moving to a new server. If reporting form does not appear when you click the above link, please report the problem to IGIS@ucanr.edu
See Reports on Map
MAP See verified reports. (Currently displays test reports)
- Toggle icon-legend on-off by tapping LEGEND in upper left.
- Wait for the report icons to load on the map.
- Tap + symbol or use fingers to zoom in and separate icons, so you can tap and view one.
- Icons will disappear briefly as you zoom.
- Internet speed affects this.
Our map became active in Fall of 2015.
Visit Future Page to download the collection of reports for each category of AIS.
- FIRST, Please take photos
- Close view of the species
- View of the species in its surroundings
- DON'T handle animals or risk falling into the water!
- You can upload multiple photos to the same report.
If you are going somewhere without Internet access, please take photos and upload a report with your photo(s) later.
When you are in the field, please also make notes about:
- the location
- type of habitat,
- date and time of day that you saw the species
- latitude and longitude, if possible.
Please visit our "What species is it?" page to decide what it is. Then please come back here to Tell Us About It!
Local Agencies to Report Pond Weeds
Please visit your county's website to find your local Agriculture Department and learn how to report invasive pond weeds.