Beth L Teviotdale Ph.D.
CE Plant Pathologist, EmeritusKearney Agricultural Research & Extension Center
1072 Rorden Avenue
Selma, CA 93662
Ph.D., University of California, Davis, 1973Research Statement
Diagnosis, epidemiology and control of fungal and bacterial diseases of deciduous fruit and nut crops.
Location: Kearney Agricultural Center
Program Area: Plant Pathology
Unit: "Department of Plant Pathology, UC Davis"
Notes: 30 years with UC. UC's first woman agricultural specialist.
SpecialtyEpidemiology and control of deciduous tree nut and fruit crops and olive diseases
- 1997. Palmer, E. L., B.L. Teviotdale, and A.L. Jones. A relative of the broad host range plasmid RSF1010 detected in field isolates of Erwinia amylovora. Applied and Envir. Microbiol.
- 1997. Teviotdale, B. L., N. Goodell, and D. Harper. Abscission and kernel quality of almond fruit inoculated with the shot hole pathogen Wilsonomyces carpophilus. Plant Dis.: 82:000.
- 1997. Teviotdale, B. L., M. Viveros, and J. Grant. Apple russetting influenced by more than copper sprays. Calif. Agr. 51 (1):11-14
- 1996. Teviotdale, B. L., and D. Harper. Almond pruning wounds, bark abrasions susceptible to Ceratocystis. Calif. Agric. 50 (3):29-33.
- 1996. Teviotdale, B. L., T.J. Michailides, D.A. Goldhamer, and M. Viveros. Effects of hull abscission and inoculum concentration on severity of leaf death associated with hull rot of almond. Plant Dis. 80:809-812.
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- Shot hole encourages almond drop, doesn't harm kernels
- Apple russetting influenced by more than copper sprays
- Almond pruning wounds, bark abrasions susceptible to Ceratocystis
- Consistent annual treatment helps future olive leaf spot control
- Postharvest prune rust does not lower French prune yield
- Cutting off irrigation early may reduce almond hull rot
- How disinfectants compare in preventing transmission of fire blight
- Method of irrigation affects sour skin rot of onion
- Several copper fungicides control olive leaf spot
- Effect of fungicides on shot hole disease of almonds
- Midwinter irrigation can reduce deep bark canker of walnuts
- New fungicide apparently controls onion mildew
- Chemical control of seed-borne diseases of wheat and barley