4-H Horse Show
The San Joaquin County 4-H Horse Show provides the opportunity for riders to compete at the county level, while the educational contests allow members to showcase their equine knowledge. This event continues to build a solid network between clubs with a common interest in strengthening 4-H equine education and establish new friendships between 4-H members and leaders.
The goals of the Horse Show are to:
- Establish new friendships with fellow 4-H members and leaders
- Encourage networking between club's to build leadership with a common interest
- Provide opportunities for youth countywide to share their passion for horses
- Participate in social and educational programs by being a participant, not a spectator
- Experience and develop greater personal growth
- Continue to develop leadership and citizenship skills
- Share personal experiences with others through meaningful growth and development
- Promote good sportsmanship
- Provide a unique opportunity for horse project members to compete
Registration Deadline: TBA
Pre-registration is required. You may register either online at http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=15432 or scan and email the 2016 Horse Show Entry Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. No post entries, additions or changes will be accepted.
How to Register: San Joaquin County members/parents contact your Horse Project Leader for an entry form. Out-of-County members or leaders, contact Debbi Foster via phone at 209-482-7612.
Registration Fees: Entry fees are $7.00 per class and a $5.00 drug testing fee per horse.
Who is Eligible?
- Any 4-H Horse Project Member
- Members must have their Horse Declaration Form on file for 120 days before June 1st with their county.
- Members must be in "Good Standing" with their 4-H Club.
Entrants should review the following: