4-H Horse Show
The San Joaquin County 4-H Horse Show provides the opportunity for riders to compete at the county level, while the educational contests allow members to showcase their equine knowledge. This event continues to build a solid network between clubs with a common interest in strengthening 4-H equine education and establish new friendships between 4-H members and leaders.
The goals of the Horse Show are to:
- Establish new friendships with fellow 4-H members and leaders
- Encourage networking between club's to build leadership with a common interest
- Provide opportunities for youth countywide to share their passion for horses
- Participate in social and educational programs by being a participant, not a spectator
- Experience and develop greater personal growth
- Continue to develop leadership and citizenship skills
- Share personal experiences with others through meaningful growth and development
- Promote good sportsmanship
- Provide a unique opportunity for horse project members to compete
Date: Saturday, June 7, 2014. 7:30 am SHARP. Check-in opens at 6:30 am. You are required to be at the gate by 7:20 am. There will be a snack bar on the grounds.
Deadline: Form and check are due to your Horse Project Leader by May 22, 2014. Project leaders are required to have their Club Packet turned into the 4-H Office by May 23, 2014. Pre-registration is required; no post entries, additions or changes will be accepted.
Location: Hearts Desire Ranch - 7370 Northland Road, Manteca, CA.
How to Register: SJC members/parents contact your Horse Project Leader for an entry form. Out of County members or leaders, contact Debbi Foster via email@example.com.
Registration Fees: Entry fees are $6.00 per class and a $5.00 drug testing fee per horse. Out of County fees are $35 plus class fee(s) and drug testing fee(s).
Who is Eligible?
- Any 4-H Horse Project Member
- Members must have their Horse Declaration Form on file for 120 days before June 1 with their county.
- Members must be in "Good Standing" with their 4-H Club.
Entrants should review the following: