4-H Horse Achievement Day
2017 Horse Achievement Day
Check-in: 7:15 am - Mandatory Orientation starts 8:00 am.
Location: Hearts Desire Ranch, 7370 Northland Rd., Manteca, CA
Who is Eligible? All 4-H horse project members (including Horseless Horse Project members) are invited and encouraged to participate. All members must be in good standing with their club. Members must have a declaration form on file with the horse key leader in advance.
Registration Deadline: July 26, 2017
Questions: Contact Debbi Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 209-482-7612.
Post-Event Evaluation: https://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=21593
Achievement Day study materials consists of the following:
- Certified Horseman's Association Composite Manual, Level 1-4.
- San Joaquin County Study Guides (See below) - Each level is designed to be mastered in approximately two years. The study guides are used to help horse project members in their preparation for testing.
- Horse Skills Day topics.
Study Guides: These study guides cover CHA manual topics and supplemental topics - such as trailering, wraps, and feeds - taught at Horse Skills Day.
- Entry Level Study Guide - Revised 2015: No riding. Demonstrations & Test.
- Novice Level Study Guide - Revised 2015: Walk only riding pattern. Demonstrations & Test.
- Level 1: Must have passed Novice test in previous year(s). CHA Manual to be used.
- Level 2: Must have passed Level 1 in previous year(s). CHA Manual to be used.
- Level 3: Must have passed Level 2 in previous year(s). CHA Manual to be used.
- Level 4: Must have passed Level 3 in previous year(s). CHA Manual to be used.
How to Register
A Horse Project Member is defined as a member who wishes to be eligible to fully participate in the project, including all classes at the sectional and state level. Members must have a declaration form on file with the horse key leader in advance.
A Horseless Horse Project Member is defined as a member that does not have access to a horse and cannot compete in any competitions. They can only use this horse to show their skills and abilities at the San Joaquin County 4-H Horse Achievement Day.