Goal 5: Prioritize programs and services
Goal 5 statement:
Complete a programmatic prioritization process with divisionwide participation that identifies critical strengths, weaknesses, gaps and opportunities to better integrate and focus efforts by December 2018.
UC ANR Public Value Statements - as of June 15, 2017
- UC ANR helps enable Californians to pride themselves on a culture of innovation and willingness to adapt
- UC ANR contributes to sufficient, safe, healthy food for all Californians
- UC ANR contributes to safe and healthy environments
- UC ANR develops a qualified workforce for California
- UC ANR ensures a safe and healthy California for all people and communities
- UC ANR helps meet California’s climate goals and build communities resilient to extreme weather
- UC ANR contributes to reduced racial and ethnic inequality
We will work on these more at the workshop in late August for program team, strategic initiative, institute, and statewide program leaders.
Regional Information Sessions - Summer 2017
Associate Vice President Wendy Powers will be holding five regional information sessions throughout California during late July and early August to talk about Goal 5 of ANR's Strategic Plan, which involves conducting a process to align programs and services with the 2025 Strategic Vision. Powers will be joined by Raj Kapur, the consultant and facilitator who will lead UC ANR through the process, Jan Corlett, and Vice Provost Mark Bell.
Each session will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and will include lunch. From 10 a.m. to noon, the topic will be Goal 5 of the strategic plan, plans and approach being used, as well as current status of the work. Anyone wishing to stay after lunch and visit with the Goal 5 team is welcome to do so. There will not be an option to join the information sessions remotely, however a recorded webinar will be available to view in advance of the five in-person information sessions (details below).
The dates and locations of each session are shown below. If you plan to attend a Regional Information Session, please register using the link below.
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017 – South Region Information Session at the UCCE San Diego Office, 9335 Hazard Way, Suite 201, San Diego, CA 92123
- Thursday, July 27, 2017 – Coast Region Information Session at the UCCE San Luis Obispo Office, 2156 Sierra Way, Suite C, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- Friday, July 28, 2017 – Central Valley Region Information Session at the Kearney REC, 9240 South Riverbend Ave, Parlier, CA 93648
- Thursday, Aug. 3, 2017 – North Region Information Session at the Redding City Hall Community Room, 777 Cypress Ave, Redding, CA 96001
- Friday, Aug. 4, 2017 – Sacramento Region Information Session at the Davis ANR Building, 2801 2nd Street, Davis, CA 95618
Please register here: http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=20857.
In addition to the above sessions, there will be a Zoom webinar meeting at the date, time and location indicated below. This meeting will be recorded.
- Tuesday, June 20, 2017, from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Join by Zoom at https://ucanr.zoom.us/j/369866693
- Join audio by phone at +1 408 638 0968 | Meeting ID: 369 866 693
- Limited space will be available to join in person in the Davis ANR Building in the Coast Room