Posts Tagged: Robert Martinez
Guidelines for merit increases for ANR academics and non-represented staff
As a follow up to President Yudof’s August 17 letter about merit-based salary increases for academics and staff, the following guidelines outline how the increases will be implemented.
Information about 2011-12 UC merit increases
· As the president’s letter states, the merit program is aimed at helping UC recruit and retain academics, and also to acknowledge non-represented staff for their ongoing dedication and service despite not having received general pay increases for the past several years.
· While increase percentages will be set based on performance, the total funding available for the merit program will be based on 3 percent of pay for eligible positions. Due to state funding cuts, merit increases will be funded by a redirection of funds from existing programs.
· Increases are confined to all academic employees and to staff members who are not represented by a union, and must be based on positive, documented performance.
· Individual increases will be determined following the completion of annual performance reviews, and will vary based on documented performance.
· For ANR staff, employees whose latest performance rating is “Does not meet expectations” or “Unsatisfactory” are ineligible for merit increases, and merit increases for those rated “Improvement Needed” or “Partially meets expectations” should be extremely rare, unless there are compelling, extenuating circumstances for an exception which must be approved by the ANR Vice President. For UCOP-based ANR employees, exceptions must be approved by the UC Executive Vice President for Business Operations.
· Staff employees who were hired, appointed, reclassified or otherwise received any salary increase(s) after January 1, 2011, are ineligible for a merit increase. Any exceptions to this require special approval.
· Members of the UC senior management group and staff with an annual base salary of $200,000 or more are not eligible for these merit increases.
· Union-represented employees are not eligible for increases under this program as their wages are governed by collective bargaining agreements.
· Increases for staff will be effective July 1, 2011, and are expected to appear in November paychecks.
· Increases for academics will be effective October 1, 2011.
ANR Staff and Academic Personnel Units, in collaboration with the ANR Budget Office and Business Operations Center Payroll, will be working with department managers in the coming weeks to ensure timely and consistent implementation of this program.
If you have any questions, please contact Robert Martinez in ANR’s Staff Personnel Unit at (530) 752-3467 or email@example.com, or Kim Rodrigues in ANR’s Academic Personnel Unit at (530) 754-8509 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kay Harrison Taber
Associate Vice President for Business Operations
View or leave comments for the Executive Working Group
This announcement is also posted and archived on the ANR Update pages.