Youth Service Amercia BE FEARLESS BE KIND GRANTS (HFC)
Date: October 31, 2017
Time: All Day
Contact: Vanity Campbell
Funding Opportunity Number: Not Applicable
Funding Organization's Deadline: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 2:00 PM PST
Discipline/Subject Area: Youth engagement; youth-led service
ANR Priority Area(s): HFC
Funding Available($): 2,000
Description: YSA believes that empathy is key to improving the world. We are partnering with Hasbro’s signature philanthropic initiative, BE FEARLESS BE KIND, to encourage young people to stand up for others, include everyone, and take action when they see a problem.The BE FEARLESS BE KIND grants give young people an opportunity to put their empathy, passion, and creativity into action as they #LeadASAP help make the world a better place!
YSA empowers youth to “lead ASAP” through Awareness, Service, Advocacy, and Philanthropy. When youth #LeadASAP, they acquire the skills they need to be successful in life – skills like empathy, creativity, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration.
Grants up to $2,000 each are offered to support high quality, youth-led service projects that take place between September 18 – December 15, 2017. Grants of $250 (100 volunteers for a one-day project), $500 (250 volunteers for a one-day project OR 100 volunteers for a multi-week project), $1,000 (500 volunteers for a one-day project OR 250 volunteers for a multi-week project), and $2,000 (500 volunteers for a multi-week project) are available.
Successful applicants will:
- Integrate youth voice and leadership into all aspects of project planning.
- Describe how their projects will provide an opportunity for students to develop compassion, empathy, and courage as well as critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication.
- Engage at least 100, 250, or 500 youth (ages 5-18) in a single day of service, or over a multi-week period.
- Describe how their projects will address a significant community need to help fulfill one of the 17 Global Goals, including plans to assess project impact against stated goals.
- Demonstrate storytelling capacity to use project impacts to inspire and promote more youth to serve year-round.
OCG Note: Please note any changes to the funding opportunity including deadline dates may not be updated to this calendar. Please visit the Sponsor's website below for additional information.