UC Davis Bookstore
The UC Davis Bookstore offers books, computers, and office supplies to both on- and off-campus departments. The UC Davis Bookstore is the sole source for Apple computers.
SUMMARY OF POLICY
- Departments receive a 5% discount on the list price on Bookstore purchases.
- The Bookstore has a full catalog available; departments can call them direct at 530-752-6846 to order the catalog. Their catalog is also available on line at http://bookstore.ucdavis.edu.
- All UC purchasing policies apply to Bookstore purchase orders, including the $2500 purchasing limit.
- Orders costing in excess of $2500 must be placed through the regular purchasing process as outlined in the Purchasing section of this handbook.
- On line ordering is available at their website using a shopping cart system. Currently, items ordered on line must be billed to a credit card. They are working on a system to allow on line ordering billed to a University account.
- On supply orders below $2500, complete the Bookstore Purchase Order form and forward to the Regional Office for approval and processing.
- For all other purchases (over $2500, equipment-single item over $5,000, and any computer regardless of price), complete the Purchase Order Request form and submit to the Regional Office for processing through the UC Davis Purchasing Department.
- Outside vendors might provide better prices on computer equipment and software orders, so check prices at the Bookstore and get other quotes, too.
- For theft-sensitive items, refer to the purchasing procedures.
- UC has a purchasing contract with TRC for software. Contact the Regional Office for more information.
- Software is also available at MyUCDavis - http://my.ucdavis.edu under the MyOffice tab.
UC Davis Bookstore: