Retirement & Emeritus Information
Academics that are considering retirement should begin preparations at least six months in advance of the anticipated retirement date. Academics are requested to submit an official written retirement notice as soon as a firm retirement date is determined. This memo should be submitted to Academic HR.
Helpful retirement resources:
- Intent to Retire Template 2017
- ANR Academic Separation Checklist
- UC Retirement Handbook
- Benefits guide for retirees
- If you anticipate a change in your permanent residence address, please fill out the Personal_Data_Form
Estimating Retirement Income:When you login to your account on the At Your Service Online website, you can view your retirement income and lump sum cashout projections, if applicable, beginning at the earliest age you are eligible to retire.
If you have additional questions or concerns about retirement benefits, please contact the Retirement Administration Service Center at 1(800)888-8267, option #8, M-F 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Other important information:
- Please submit your projected timesheet at least 2 weeks prior to your resignation date to the Time & Reporting System
- All retirees with UCD Corporate cards and/or Purchasing Visa cards should destroy them prior to the last day of work.
- The Office of Development Services maintains an ANR Retiree Directory; and over the years has offered various programs for retirees. You may opt to have your name added to the directory by completing an online form at: http://ucanr.org/retireedirectory. Contact Development Services Office at (510) 987-9139 with questions about the directory or any associated programs.
- Health Care & Other Helpful Info 5-30-2017
ANR Academics that are planning to retire may submit a request for Emeritus status. Approval of Emeritus status will be subjected to a review on a case by case basis. Additionally, if you would like to remain active in your program after retirement, a separate work plan agreement is needed.
Below is a Reference Guide for Emeritus Request; the Emeritus Work Plan Agreement; the Academic Personnel Guidelines for Active Emeriti Advisors and Emeritus Request Form. Such requests should be submitted to Academic HR as early as possible.