ANR Report for July - August 1998
Here are the main stories in this issue:
- UC Riverside broke ground July 2 for a state-of-the-art insectary and quarantine facility. Research at the facility will focus on biological control and other alternative pest management strategies.
- The DANR Transition Team is nearing completion of its charge to establish a new mission-based organizational structure and expects to release a “blueprint” on Sept. 24.
- The director of the statewide Agricultural Personnel Management Program has left that post to devote full time to his research and extension work.
- The Slosson Endowment Fund has awarded nearly $200,000 to support 18 research and extension projects in ornamental horticulture.
Also in this issue:
PDF File July - August 1998 Issue
- UC issues rate increases, other changes in entertainment policy
- Reminder on travel reimbursements
- DANR Incentive Awards recipients honored
- Professional Society Meeting Reimbursements