Reliable consumer health information by website & kiosk
These resources are now available to qualified organizations in California for free.
To request a kiosk, complete this ExploreHealth Kiosk Host Site Survey. The survey allows you to upload photos of the kiosk site you suggest. They will be very helpful as we discuss the site and order the equipment for that location and plan the installation.
This is a project of the UC Davis Health System in cooperation with the Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of California
- UC Davis Health System in cooperation with The California Telehealth Network (CTN) has been awarded a Sustainable Broadband Adoption grant through the Broadband Technology Opportunities Program (BTOP) of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA). If you represent one of the 15 identified eHealth Model Communities in the grant project, you are eligible to have receive a kiosk while quantities last.
- The Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) at the University of California has been selected to provide consumer focused content and tools that libraries or community colleges or extension centers need to support customer healthcare literacy via broadband access. If you represent a UC Cooperative Extension office, you are eligible to have receive a kiosk while quantities last.
- For everyone else: If you represent a family or community resource center, health clinic, hospital, county health department or any other public location where the public would benefit from this project, you are eligible to receive a kiosk while quantities last.
ExploreHealth is the name of the website developed for urban and rural California populations who are underutilizing broadband tools. Its consumer education content has two primary goals:
- Help first-time users of the Internet understand what the Web is and how to use web browsers.
- Provide links to trustworthy sources of reliable health information about many common health conditions.
About the ExploreHealth website
About the ExploreHealth kiosk
Select eHealth communities are also participating in pilot test of the Explore Health kiosk. If you are currently hosting a kiosk or would like to find out how to become a host, please review the following information.
ExploreHealth Kiosk homepage (This example is best viewed on an Android tablet)
ExploreHealth 2-sided brochure and business card PDF examples
Order brochures (online form) for display in your clinic, library, lobby or other location. Please indicate quantity and delivery address.
Project Manager, Model eHealth Communities
Jackie Hausman, MPH, MPP
Center for Health &Technology
UC Davis Medical System
(916) 734-3216 (office)
(916) 734-3580 (fax)
ANR Communication Services and Information Technology (CSIT)
University of California
1850 Research Park Drive, Suite 200
Davis, CA 95618-6134