Master Education Extender Team (MEET)
Become a UCCE Fresno Master Education Extender!
As a member of the UCCE Fresno Master Education Extender Team (MEET), you will have the opportunity to be trained to deliver basic nutrition education and physical activity lessons to students and adults in Fresno County.
Consider the benefits:
• Gain experience in delivering USDA-approved nutrition education to the community.
• Provide quality, researched-based education to low-income families.
• Professional level training in the public health field.
• “Letter of Work Completed” from UC Cooperative Extension.
• Teach families how to make healthy lifestyle changes.
• Build professional and personal skills through hands-on experience.
What Volunteers are Saying
--Betsy Knapp, volunteer
As a professional development program designed to meet the needs of the UC CalFresh Nutrition Education Program and the needs of the UC CalFresh target audience, and because of the time commitment needed to provide classes at locations determined by UC CalFresh, staff from other agencies will not be accepted into the MEET program. Agencies that wish to offer UC CalFresh nutrition education classes are invited to coordinate with UC CalFresh to schedule classes.
- 9-month commitment
- 40 hours of participation during the 9-month period (An average of 4-5 classes a month)
- Complete initial training and ongoing training as needed
- Age 18 or older
- Fingerprint clearance with both Department of Justice and Federal Bureau
- Reliable transportation