MAY 16, 8:30 AM Registration-6:00PM Reception
An analysis of energy usage in the food system: expert panels, presentations and demonstrations from projects, and the opportunity to consult with research expertise, industry professionals, commodities processors, and investment specialists.
- Systems – Technologies and approaches to evaluate and optimize system-level inefficiencies in food production and processing.
- Financing– Funding and facilitating innovation in fields with low margins and long time horizons in the 21st century.
- Production – How do agricultural producers balance rising energy costs with the need for safe, sustainable, and affordable products?
- Processing – A review of current bottlenecks and costs associated with energy usage in food processing.
- Consumption – Nutritional and consumer preferences for fresh vs. packaged foods, as well as energy usage in markets and restaurants for providing safe and nutritious products.
A detailed agenda will be available on-site.