Go, Glow, Grow-Preschool
Go Glow Grow is a nutrition curriculum developed for preschool children. In conjunction with the book Go Glow Grow: Foods for You, children learn about healthy eating, exercising and the importance of hand washing.
Using a simplified version of MyPlate, children learn the connection between healthy foods and what they do for the body.
Grains are Go foods - they help you run, jump and play all day.
Fruits and vegetables are Glow foods - they help you have shiny hair and sparkly eyes.
Dairy and protein are Grow foods - they help you to grow big and strong.
Each lesson includes teacher background information, two activities, snack recipes, and review questions. There is also a take home letter telling parents what their child learned along with an activity and snack recipe to make at home.
- Teach young children to identify healthy foods.
- Teach young children to understand the benefits of eating healthy foods.
- Promote an active lifestyle in young children.
- Teach young children the importance of hand washing.
- Promote healthy life-long eating habits in young children.
- Go Glow Grow Introduction
- Go Foods
- Glow Foods
- Grow Foods