Garden tips for times of drought
Managing drought in the garden and landscape
- Water Conservation for the Home Vegetable Garden - Planting strategies, efficient irrigation tips, and mulching suggestions, from UCCE Master Gardeners of Trinity County
- Keeping Plantings Alive under Drought or Water Restrictions - Info on ornamentals, fruit and nut trees, vegetables, shrubs, ground covers and lawns. By Janet Hartin and Ben Faber, UC ANR.
- Questions & Answers about Water Conservation and Drought in the Landscape: Resources about irrigating lawns, trees, and landscapes in California, from the UC Center for Landscape & Urban Horticulture.
- Drought management in your landscape: 10 tips on how (and when and how much) to water in times of drought, from the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension.
- Drought-related tip sheets for lawn and garden: Numerous tip sheets from Colorado State University Extension. Of particular note:
- Home Vegetable Garden Management During a Drought
- Flower Management Before, During, and Following Drought
- Woody Plant Management During Drought and With Limited Water Availability
For more information, be sure to visit our Irrigation page.