New to 4-H?
Online enrollment for the 2016-17 4-H year is now closed. You can still enroll in 4-H by using a paper enrollment form.
You are welcome to join 4-H any time of the year; although most of the project and club activities are held from September through June. New members wishing to show/and or sell an animal at the fair must enroll by January 1. Youth Member enrollment cost is $40.00 per year, and Adult Volunteer Leader (for adults who wish to lead a 4-H project) cost is $15.00 per year.
How do I start?
1. First determine which club you would like to join. Select a club from the list below and call the Community Leader to find out what projects that club offers and when their meetings are scheduled.
For contact and club meeting location information, visit the following links:
2. If you have any questions about the club, contact the Community Club Leader or attend a Community Club Meeting. The meetings are generally held once a month (contact the club leader to verify date and time of their next meeting). While the meeting may seem overwhelming, remember you will not necessarily participate in every project, fundraiser, or event mentioned. Pay attention to what interests you and your child. Ask about any special provisions - attendance, community pride/citizenship participation requirements, fundraisers, etc. Once you find a club that best suits your family you are ready to enroll.
3. It's time to enroll! Visit https://california.4honline.com to set up your family account. After setting up your family account, you will click "Add Family Member" to add your child, and follow the prompts to add your child's information. Once you have enrolled on-line, give the required forms and enrollment fees to the Club Volunteer Enrollment Coordinator (VEC). Access "Club Meeting Info" drop-down menu to identify each club's VEC. For help understanding the online enrollment process, please see the Quick Guide to Enroll Online or see NEW family instructions 2016 for more detailed instructions, including screen shots.
- The recommended internet browser to use is Google Chrome, as it works for Mac and PC users.
- Mozilla Firefox is another option for users. *Please follow the steps here to adjust settings in Firefox and allow viewing of pdf documents with fillable fields.
- As of September 28, 2015, 4hOnline will no longer support Internet Explorer 10 and older versions due to security concerns.
Please click the image below for Welcome to 4-H, a publication for families.