If you have any questions, please contact the 4-H Office. We look forward to assisting you in this wonderful opportunity of being a Placer County All Star.
Placer County All Star Prerequisites
- Be at least 14 years of age or in the 9th grade by January 1 of the year appointed.
- Must attend 80% of All Star planning meetings and a minimum of three countywide events each year.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities, citizenship concern and maturity of judgment, showing a strong interest in continuing in the 4-H Youth Program.
- Realizes the importance of being a positive role model and demonstrates a sincere concern and compassion for each 4-H member.
- Recognizes the opportunities and responsibilities of being an All Star.
- Have achieved the Gold Star rank.
- Junior Leader/Teen Leader, past or present.
- Current or past Club Officer.
- Has taken or is currently taking a qualified Public Speaking Project (contact 4-H office for details), completing all assignments.
- Current and approved Record Book as portfolio of 4-H participation.
Placer County Junior All Star Prerequisites
Please take a few minutes to look over the Junior All Star (JAS) prerequisites. The JAS project helps promote and develop leadership skills in our younger 4-H youth and prepare them for the All Star program.
- Be at least 12 years of age or older by January 1 of the year appointed.
- Have achieved the Silver Star rank or awarded the Silver Star by the beginning of the 2016-2017 program year.
- Must attend 80% of All Star planning meetings and assist with a minimum of three countywide events each year.
- Must be a current or past Club Officer.
- Participation in the Public Speaking project is recommended but not required.
Action Plan Promotion Component
- Be an active participant to develop a “Plan of Action” with the team to promote the 4-H program and or an element of the 4-H program that would result in greater awareness and participation in 4-H among the Placer County 4-H members.
- Be an active participant in promoting the Plan of Action by participating in at least two of the following methods of promotion: new family outreach, news releases or photos, displays, radio, presentations to clubs, council and other audiences, power points, or other media.
- Be an active contributing member of the team to implement the Plan of Action decided upon, realizing it is a team effort and offers invaluable opportunities for leadership development, team building skills, and individual growth.