Youth Record Books
The 4-H Record Book is a great way to keep track of what you do throughout the enrollment year. That information can be used for scholarship applications and for earning award levels within the 4-H program. It can also show you the progress you have made in your learning process. Learning to write thoughts, feelings, and activities down in an organized method is a great life skill.
The Record Book is utilized at both the club and project level, and is required for showing and/or selling an animal at the Placer County Fair and Gold Country Fair. Please talk with your Project and Club Leaders for further details.
Primary members are not required to complete a 4-H Record Book.
Placer County 4-H provides Basic Primary member PDR for those that wish to complete these simple forms specifically designed for 5 to 8 year olds. Primary members are not eligible for competition, including 4-H Record Book awards or competition. Primary work is not carried over to the PDR when 4-H'er becomes a regular member.
For members aged 9 and up:
Complete instructions are included in the Record Book Manual. You can download the Record Book files from the CA State 4-H website.
Record Book Manual (paper copy) with complete instructions may download from the CA State 4-H website.
Your Record Book should include the following files:
- Yearly Record Book Completion Sheet 2016
- Personal Development Report (2016-2017) - For Junior, Intermediate, and Senior members.
- Annual Project Report (2016-2017)- For Junior, Intermediate, and Senior members. (one for each project completed every year)
- Leadership Development Report (2016-2017) - For Intermediate and Senior members only. (If you are assisting a Project Leader)
- My 4H Story Instructions
- 4-H Resume Template - For Senior Members only.
- Record Book Review (For Club Leaders to complete)
- Primary Member (2016-17) - For Primary Members only
Online Record Book Info
Placer County 4-H does not manage the Online Record Book (ORB). If you have questions or are experiencing difficulties please visit the Online Record Book Home Page to submit requests. Additionally, please visit the links below for online tutorials created by California 4-H to assist with the Online Record Book.
Reminder: Placer County 4-H does not require members to use Online Record Book (ORB). If you prefer you may always do the traditional Record Book. Please scroll to the bottom of this page for Record Book Forms and additional information.
Join 6000+ California Youth using the Online Record Book (ORB) tool! Access the following web-links for more information: