Becoming a Youth Commissioner
- Do you want to create positive change?
- Do adults make decisions about issues that affect you and your peers without asking what you think?
- Want to get involved in your community and influence polices, programs, and public decisions that impact youth?
- Want to have fun and meet new friends?
- Are you a resident of Placer County between the ages of 14 (or 9th grade) and 21?
Then the Placer County Youth Commission is just right for you!!! Open the links below for the applications to be a commissioner or an ambassador to the commission in the term of 2013-14.
Commissioner Application 13-14
The Placer County Youth Commission is an Advisory Board to the Board of Supervisors, dedicated to promoting the youth voice in local government and decision-making. We are composed of 18 youth of diverse backgrounds who care about the Placer County community and have a drive to make our community the best possible place for youth.
As a Commissioner, you will...
- Be a leader in your community working with a team of youth to create positive change
- Learn about the local government process first hand
- Provde a youth-oriented point of view to the work of the Board of Supervisors, county departments, and community organizations
- Plan an active role in improving the services, programs and opportunities provied for youth in the county
- Gain valuable skills in community organizing
- Gain experience and skills that will be beneficial to you in college or the workplace
If you have questions call (530) 889-7179 or firstname.lastname@example.org