The primary/corresponding author is responsible for ensuring that papers conform to the formatting requirements for USDA Forest Service General Technical Reports (GTR - see instructions here). The final draft of the paper, formatted using the MS-Word template (download template here) for GTR’s and the instructions, are due on Friday, June 17, 2011. The formatted papers will be provided to the session chairs for their review and final approval. We anticipate the turnaround for reviews to be 30 days (July 17). Any changes will need to be completed and the final version submitted for publication by August 1, 2011. Our goal is to have the Proceedings completed by September 1, 2011.
- Manuscript length is limited to a maximum of 15 double-spaced pages (before inserting into the template) or 7-8 single-spaced pages (that includes tables and figures).
- The first draft of the manuscripts should be completely written or saved in plain text with tables and figures prepared in separate files. This will facilitate importing
- Please format all charts or photographs for black and white.
- Provide five to eight key words (retrieval terms - this will help with on-line publishing)
- Complete addresses and e-mails included in the author footnotes.