4-H events take on a variety of different forms, such as field days, judging, presentation contests, and other educational activities. These educational events:
- Allow members an opportunity to showcase their work and receive feedback.
- Introduce 4-H members to new topics and new skills.
- Reinforce the learning cycle and allow members to apply knowledge gained in 4-H projects.
Looking for the Main Calendar? Find it here.
Presentation Day - February 11, 2017 - College of San Mateo
What to present: Think about demonstrating something you’ve learned in a 4-H project or a skill or talent that you have. A presentation is just sharing your knowledge with others. The idea is to develop your public speaking skills so that you feel comfortable talking in front of people. Get started now! Your project leaders can help in selecting and preparing your presentation.
How to enter:
- Read through the Information on Presentation Day 2017.
- Pick a category (listed on the above information sheet).
- Register for the event using the Presenter Registration Form
- Download and read the new Presentation Day Manual (dated October 2016) to learn about the judging process.
- Practice and prepare for your presentation!
2017 Special Announcements
- Impromptu Speech Category - If you are doing a presentation in this area, please review the 2017 Impromptu Speech Topics.
- Interview Contest Category - Be sure to review the Job Interview List and come prepared for your interview with application letter and three copies of your resume.
- Beginning 4-H Activity (Ages 5-8) - Beginning 4-Hers are invited to a special starting at 12:15 pm in the Theater at the College of San Mateo. You'll learn a little bit about what makes a good presentation, run through some fun drama exercises, and get ready to be savvy junior judges. Beginning 4-Hers can stay through the full 3+ hour Presentation Day event, or leave at any time.
- General Adult Volunteer and Judge Registration
- Room Hosts and Runners
- Tech support (AV equipment, microphones, and more)
Bay Coast Area Presentation Day:
Information will be posted soon.
State Presentation Day:
Saturday, May 27, 2017
8:00am - 6:00pm
University of California, Davis - West Quad
Information can be found here.