Home Composting - St. Helena
Date: April 21, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Contact: City of Napa, Recycling Division
Sponsor: Master Gardeners • Napa
Location: NV College Up Valley Campus
Home composting workshop attendees will learn the basics of composting, including tools, techniques, and bin types. Turn your yard trimmings and kitchen scraps into rich compost to use as a soil amendment or garden mulch.
Register online at www.cityofnapa.org/compost
- LEARN to reduce and/or eliminate yard waste and turn it into wonderfully rich, free compost for your garden.
- DISCOVER the basics of back yard composting, composting with worms and grasscycling.
- BECOME familiar with tools, types of bins and the ins and outs of recycling yardwaste, garden waste, and even some food waste.
- BE INFORMED ABOUT GRASSCYCLING. Grass clippings release valuable nutrients back into the soil.
- For information & questions only, call City of Napa, Chris Shoop at 257-9200 or e-mail Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by: City of Napa Public Works Department, City of American Canyon Public Works Department, Upper Valley Waste Management Agency, Napa County Department of Environmental Management , Napa Recycling & Waste Services, American Canyon Recycling & Disposal, Inc., UC Master Gardeners of Napa County and Napa County Land Trust.